The Office of Public Safety works toward ensuring the safety of all individuals on campus and provides security of all properties of the college.
Duties of the Office of Public Safety include:
- serving as a patrolling unit for Mississippi College
- providing security for Mississippi College
- protection of the safety and general welfare of students, faculty, staff, administration and guests of Mississippi College.
- regulating traffic flow on Mississippi College property.
- establishing and maintaining communications with the officially recognized civil and criminal law enforcement authorities.
- make a citizen's arrest of any and all persons disturbing the safety and the general welfare of the Mississippi College community.